- I will be on time and prepared for all sessions. In return I ask that my clients be on time, not answer cell phone calls, etc. while working with me.
- If a client begins a session late, the session will still end on-time. It is not fair to the clients who show up on-time to have their appointments pushed back. Most days I’m scheduled back-to-back.
- I will be at my best for you at every session; therefore I expect my client’s best effort in return.
- If I don’t feel that we are doing each other any good or if what you need is beyond my skill level, I will occasionally refer my clients elsewhere.
- We are not a studio that takes walk-ins, we prepare for each client’s visit, so filling late cancellations is next to impossible. We have a strict cancellation policy.
- If you cancel your appointment within 12 hours, you may reschedule that missed appointment within that same calendar month or within the next seven (7) days if it is the last week of the month.
- If you don’t have a standing appointment with us, we suggest that you schedule your next session before leaving your current session, as our schedule fills up quickly.
- We have a “3 strikes, you’re out!” program because we understand that flat tires and family emergencies can happen.
- What does this mean?
- This means that if you late cancel (0-12hrs before your appt.) three times we will not ask any questions and nothing will be deducted from your session count.
- On the 4th late cancel, you will be charged for your session, no exceptions.
- Use your 3 freebies wisely.
- If you have selected a service that bills monthly, your monthly payment is due promptly on the 1st or 15th. If payment is not received by the 5th or 20th, you will be sent an email reminder and services will stop until payment is received.
- All annual packages that bill monthly for 12 months are allowed 13 months in which to use sessions. This is to compensate for vacations or training taken by instructors throughout the year.
- If for any reason a fee is returned for insufficient funds there is a $50.00 fee that will be added on to your current balance.
- Any service BROKEN UP INTO PAYMENTS must have a credit card on file for automated billing purposes. Checks and cash add too many administrative fees and software setup for monthly billing.
- Cash and checks are fine and welcome, just not with monthly billing.
- A 3% additional processing fee will be added onto the listed price of services
- This additional fee covers merchant fees and administrative fees for setting this service up.
- Full time clients before May 1, 2011 are grandfathered on this new policy, however;
- If you modify your full time status this policy will go into effect at the time of modification.
- Full time status is defined as attending 2 + days per week, consistently, via private or semi-private classes. This excludes group classes.
- Modified full time status is defined as: not purchasing services for more than 30 days.
- No refunds, transfers, extensions or exceptions.
- All pilates sessions and packages purchased have expiration dates and any unused pilates sessions at the end of the expiration period are forfeited.
- We have a full schedule and suggest for your convenience, picking and staying with standing appointments.
Clients with three or more (3 +) standing appointments per week:
Due to the unique nature of our relationship, you have a separate policy.
If you travel often (more than once a month), you must attend (or pay for) one session per week.
Why? It is too difficult to fill 3 + sessions per week on a regular basis. However,
If I am given enough notice, and am able to fill the appointment, only a small “place-holder” fee will be assessed for the 3+ day(s) only.
Ask about exploring these missed “in-person” appointments with email and telephone coaching sessions while you are on the road. This would also help with personal consistency and MBB withdrawal.
For the rest of your appointments, see “two days per week” policy below
If you train with us two days per week
We request that any “out-of-town” dates be given to us 21 days prior to travel (or sooner). If MBB is given enough notice, we may be able to offer clients another time slot and their time slot to you so that we all keep consistency in our workout. That is the key to success. We will do our best, if these requirements are met, to reschedule your sessions. This includes a trainer being available within the remainder of the period before expiration date.
Be mindful in what you wear. Clothing should be comfortable, stretchable, and a fabric that is good for sweating in (wicking fabric that takes moisture away from the body is best). Also think of the poses that you may be in. You will want to tuck in t-shirt and shorts should have something under them. You may also consider more form fitting tops, shorts and pants so that they resist riding up. Women will need a supportive bra. Everyone needs clean feet. Bring an open mind and spirit to your session!
We are a barefoot studio. No shoes are allowed past the indoor rug that is immediately inside the door. You may bring socks or slippers to walk around the studio in, but no shoes are allowed past the front rug. No exceptions. Others do not want to exercise in your shoe grime.
Participation in any movement at Mind Body Balance requires signing our new client forms and possibly having a physician’s approval form on file as well.
As much as we love dogs, MBB is a one (1) dog studio. Please leave any (and all) pets at home.
Holidays that Mind Body Balance is closed for are: Good Friday, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Day, New Year’s Eve and Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day.
On the front desk, we also post the month’s additional closings (per instructor) so that you can adjust your schedule. Make a note of closings for holidays, trainings, etc. We try very hard to keep you informed and to make it easy for you to know when MBB changes its schedule and why.
IMPORTANT! Clients with injuries or special needs should begin with private sessions before entering group classes. After a period of time, you may be able to join a group class.
To take a Pilates chair (small apparatus class) you must be able to lift 30 + pounds, which is how much the chair weighs. You must also be in good health with no special considerations. Participants of small apparatus classes (chair) must have 3 private sessions ($150) before taking the Pilates chair class, or more privates if deemed appropriate by the instructor.
Pre-register or just Drop-in:
It is not necessary to pre-register for a group class at Mind Body Balance. You may simply drop in. Of course, others may have pre-registered for all the spots in the class. This is why we recommend checking online to see how many slots are available and pre-register using the online schedule. If you do choose to drop in, you’ll need to register immediately upon arrival.
You may pre-register for most, if not all, of our group classes online and manage your entire account on-line 24/7 using the My Account link at the top of our website. You may pre-register online up to 1 hour prior to when a class starts, however, you must have pre-paid classes on your account to pre-register or purchase class sessions online via the schedule. If no one pre-registers for a 6:00am or 7:30am class by 10:00pm the night before, we cancel the class at that time.
Cancelling a class when you have reserved a spot:
Prepaid classes are forfeited if action is not taken 3 hours (3 hours group class & 12 hours Private & Semi-Private appointment sessions) prior to the commencement of class.
This policy is enforced. You may cancel a pre-registration as long as it is more than 12 hours from the class start time. You may cancel either using the scheduler or, if it is during business hours, you may call us.
Please do not leave after-hour messages on the studio answering machine regarding cancellation. Messages at the studio can be left 8:00am – 6:00pm, Monday-Friday, or you can email us at email@example.com or the specific instructor’s e-mail address.
How do I know if Mind Body Balance has closed classes or sessions due to weather?
Mind Body Balance observes Monroe Public Schools’ cancellation policy. If the public schools are closed or delayed due to weather conditions, so is Mind Body Balance.
How will you know if Monroe Public Schools are closed?
You can check their website ( http://www.monroe.k12.mi.us ) or listen/watch the local news or My 98.3 radio. Once we learn that Monroe Public Schools are closed, we go in and cancel all of our group classes that are affected on our schedule at mindbodybalance.com/scheduleregister/. We also post the closings on our Facebook fan page and Twitter page.
When to arrive:
- Please arrive to class on time. We recommend arriving 5 minutes before a scheduled class.
- If you do not arrive by the start time, the spot you’ve reserved could be forfeited to walk-ins.
- Walk-in clients are allowed to fill available spots 5 minutes after the scheduled start time if the class is not filled otherwise.
- Please be considerate of other clients and do not enter a class after the warm-up.
- Warm-up is essential to all classes and your safety.
For safety reasons students are allowed a maximum 10 minutes late window.
- Warm-up is essential to all classes and your safety.
- If you are a first time client, we strongly recommend you arrive 10 minutes before your class to fill out our new client forms or you can save time by pre-filling out the New Client Forms in advance and we ask that first time clients do not enter a class late.
- All classes purchased do expire, so please check your account/ receipt for the date.
- Fees and payments are non-refundable or transferable, no extensions or exceptions for any reason.
- All classes are on a first come, first serve basis; so show up to your favorite class early.
- The maximum number of participants for classes varies and can be found on the schedule under the Small Group Class tab.
- The “Wait list” feature on the schedule is used when all spots in a class have been reserved by others via the schedule. If someone who has pre-registered for a spot decides to early cancel, the first client on the wait list will be added to the class. Typically the “wait list” client will receive an email indicating they have been added to the class.
- Class packages cannot be shared with other clients.
Monthly classes with auto-pay expire at the end of the month, no exceptions. Payments are automatically charged to a credit card on the 1st or 15th of the month.